This release is a beta preview and as such should not be installed on a primary device.
- Official support for iOS 12.0 - 13.7
- Official support for iOS/tvOS 14.0 (A8(X)-A9(X) running iOS and iPadOS; all tvOS devices are supported)
- Official support for Apple TV 4K breakout boards (Standard and Advanced)
- Fix an issue with userland kernel patch finder that prevented checkra1n flags from being saved as well as exporting kernel information used by developers to tfp0, affecting devices running iOS 13.6 and up.
- App can now be launched from DMG on macOS
- Demotion is now working on Linux
- Fixes the -20 error for Apple TV 4K by enabling USB on v1.x standard breakouts
Known issues in macOS but all Fixed in Windows OS
- The Apple TV 4K will produce a -20 error, even on a successful jailbreak
- An issue where the loader app would crash when installing Cydia on iPads
- A crash when the macOS language was set to anything other than English
- An issue where iPad Minis would not work with the GUI
- An issue with the scp binary not working as expected
- Fixed an issue where the Apple Watch would not receive notifications while jailbroken
- Improve reliability of entering DFU mode
- Fixed an issue where checkra1n could not be used on macOS 10.10
- Fixes an issue where biometrics did not work for some users
- Fixes an issue where the touch screen became unresponsive for some users
- Fixes an issue where the loader app may not have appeared on the homescreen
- Fixes an issue where the iPad Smart Keyboard did not work
- Fixes an issue where the fast charging functionality did not work on some devices
- Fixes an issue where the taptic engine did not work on some devices
- Fixes an issue where battery settings did not load for some users
- Detect a case where the user may have an OTA update downloaded, which caused issues for some users
- This update includes a new fast DFU sequence. Entering DFU mode should now be safer and more reliable.
- The loading mechanism for substrate has improved in this update, which improves the stability of the device.
- Fixes an issue where the user may be signed out of their Apple ID
- Fixes an issue that caused MobileSubstrate initialization to be delayed
- Fixes support for the iPad 6th Generation
- Fixes an issue where A7 devices would report an error code on success
- Fixes an issue where jailbreak app icons would show up on the boot after using loader’s “Restore System” functionality
- Makes the loader app more resilient to errors occurring after a long uptime
- Fixes an issue where Loader and Cydia would fail with a no internet connection message on Chinese iPhones
- Fixes an issue where the the iPad Pro Smart Keyboard would disconnect
- Fixes an issue which prevented the GUI from detecting changes in device modes
- Add inital Apple TV 4K support
- Fix multiple issues with kernel patches that caused devices to not boot, most notably iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 4.
- iOS/iPadOS 13.5 support.
- Support Project Sandcastle
- Fix bootstrap upload not working if the device is locked.
- Add support for jailbreaking Apple TVs from within the same app
- Adds an option to skip version checking for new iOS and iPadOS versions which haven’t yet been officially tested.
This beta is only available for Windows users. To download checkra1n for macOS See downloads »
At the moment, checkra1n only supports installing Cydia. Support for other package managers is coming soon, and will not require a checkra1n update.